- Annual Training Strategy
- Multi-agency Training Programme
- Training Quality Assurance Scheme and Implementation Plan
Whilst there is no statutory requirement for LSCB's to provide a programme of training, the NCSCB / NSCB Learning and Improvement Framework, has identified that in order to support the dissemination of learning the Boards will consider a range of learning opportunities, including courses and seminars. This chapter describes how the NCSCB and NSCB approach this.
2. Annual Training Strategy
Each year, both Boards will publish a Training Strategy which will identify the learning priorities for their respective Local Authority areas. The Strategy will be informed by the learning from reviews and audits through the Learning and Improvement Framework, and reflect the work priorities identified in the Board Business Plans. It will identify the core multi-agency training that each Board will continue to deliver for partner agencies and others in their area, as well as any seminars or other learning opportunities, some of which may be cross authority, reflecting the priorities for that year.
3. Multi-agency Training Programme
Each Board will publish and advertise a programme of multi-agency training opportunities each year, clearly identifying learning outcomes and target groups for courses and seminars. The courses will be evaluated and any required improvements identified.
4. Training Quality Assurance Scheme and Implementation Plan
NCSCB and NSCB have developed and established a Training Quality Assurance Scheme in order to provide standards and a process for both Boards to fulfil the responsibility to for both safeguarding children and safeguarding vulnerable adults training.
Objectives of the scheme:
In order to fulfil this purpose, the scheme has three main objectives:
- To ensure that both single and inter-agency training materials and course content meet appropriate standards;
- To ensure that all training delivery and training environments meet appropriate standards;
- To ensure that the effectiveness of training is monitored and evaluated and influences the planning of training.